Khari E. Taustin
Ms. Taustin took her first riding lesson at the age of four, and ever since, her passion has been for equine sports and horses. Today, Khari works in equine law and is bringing her education, experience, and passion into her legal practice.
Khari practices in the areas of Equine and Immigration Law providing for effective representation in equine-related matters. Khari counsels professionals concerning purchase-sale agreements, lease agreements, liability waivers, board and training agreements, and business entity formation.
Additionally, Khari is working toward a focus in immigration law for accomplished horsemen with an emphasis on obtaining immigrant and nonimmigrant visas for clients of all equine sports. Khari’s own personal knowledge of “horse world” will set her apart from most immigration lawyers.
As a rider and competitor herself, she understands the complexities and intricacies of the knowledge-base that top professionals need in order to be successful in their sport. Khari has the aptitude to communicate and translate this multi-faceted skill-set of accomplished horsemen and their support teams into terms that non-equine enthusiasts can relate.
Khari is familiar with the international nature of today’s competition, and understands the significance that navigating immigration law has to the operation of all equine industries globally. By focusing on the needs of riders, trainers, managers, and the support staff that are integral to the top levels of the horse industry, Khari hopes to be able to make her own contribution to both the legal field and the sport for which she is most passionate.
- Franklin and Marshall College B.A., magna cum laude, 2005
- University of Miami School of Law J.D., magna cum laude, 2010
- Florida Bar, 2010
- District of Columbia Bar, 2012
- United States District Court for the Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Florida
- Research and Writing Editor, University of Miami Business Law Review
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Member of Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Member, Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Still in ‘The Jungle’: Labor, Immigration, and the Search for a New Common Ground in the Wake of Iowa’s Meatpacking Raids, 18 U. Miami Bus. L. Rev. 283 (2010).
*CV, BV and AV are all registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.