Cameron V. Michaud
Upon graduation from law school, Ms. Michaud joined Morris Laing to work with her father, Gerald L. Michaud. Gerald was a pioneer in the field of medical malpractice and was successful in litigating many noteworthy product liability and wrongful death cases that resulted in either withdrawal of products from the market or changes to products to make them safer.
While working with her father, Cameron benefited from his 55 years of legal experience and expanded her areas of practice to include not only medical malpractice, product liability and wrongful death cases, but also semi-truck and major motor vehicle collisions.
Today, Cameron concentrates the majority of her practice on personal injury cases and has developed strategies to try and mitigate the impact of the “tort reform” attitudes held by many jurors. Cameron has formed amicable relationships with adjustors of well-known insurance companies and works hard to resolve matters quickly.
Cameron is passionate about travel and spent one summer abroad in London. At last glance, Cameron had visited 20 countries—but this number has remained stagnant, as the birth of children changed her travel destinations. Now, along with visiting the “Happiest Place on Earth,” Cameron and her family are on a mission to visit all 50 state capitals.
When time allows, Cameron enjoys being creative, playing golf, tennis, pickleball and watching any event in which her sons are participating.
- Wichita State University, B.A., summa cum laude, 1999
- Washburn University School of Law, J.D., Dean’s Honors, 2002
- Kansas Bar, 2002
- Member, Kansas Bar Association, Wichita Bar Association
- Member, Kansas Association for Justice
- Member, Wichita Bar Association Medical-Legal Committee, Wichita Women Attorneys Association
- Wichita Women Attorneys Association Board Member, 2007-2009
- Kansas Association for Justice Jr. Board Member, 2004-2007, Public Affairs Committee member 2006-2007, 2012-2013
- Member, Junior League of Wichita, 2003-present
- Junior League of Wichita, Holiday Galleria Print & Publications Chair 2006-2007
- Executive Women’s Golf Association, Board Member, 2005-2008
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Light the Night Team Captain 2005, 2006
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters Bowl for Kids’ Sake Team Member 2004, 2007
- Wichita Collegiate Alumni Association, Board Member, 2003-2004
- Pi Beta Phi Alumni Association
- Adjunct Professor, Wichita State University Masters in Sports Administration Program, 2002
- Wichita Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 Honoree – recognizing 40 Wichitans under the age of 40 who are making significant contributions to Wichita’s economy and community, 2008
- Kansas Association for Justice Thomas E. Sullivan award recipient, 2012
*CV, BV and AV are all registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.