Shannon M. Braun
Ms. Braun practices in a wide range of areas including estate planning, estate and trust administration, real estate, oil & gas, taxation and general corporate law.
In the area of estate planning, Shannon has experience drafting wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, powers of attorney, and premarital agreements. In addition, Shannon assists clients with more complex estate planning matters such as tax planning and business succession planning.
In the area of estate and trust administration, Shannon has experience with large complex trusts and probate estates, as well as routine probate matters. Her experience also includes a wide variety of general corporate, limited liability company, and partnership matters.
Shannon’s real estate practice includes oil and gas title examination, as well as advising clients with respect to day to day real estate transactions.
Shannon was raised in Wichita and is a proud graduate of Andover High School. Shannon and her husband, Andy, met at law school orientation and were married the week after graduation. They have one son. On the weekends Shannon can generally be found watching her son on the soccer field, cheering on her beloved Jayhawks, or enjoying a new book.
- York College, B.B.A., summa cum laude, B.A., summa cum laude, 2001
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, 2004
- Member, Wichita Bar Association, Kansas Bar Association
- Member, Wichita Women Attorneys Association, August 2004–present; prior board member
- Guardianship Assistance Program – pro bono service as a court appointed guardian ad litem in guardianship cases in Sedgwick County, 2009-present
- Member of the Wichita Estate Planning Forum
- Member, Junior League of Wichita, 2012-present; Governing Board Member, 2018-2022; Executive Vice President 2020-2022
- University of Kansas Alumni Association Member
- Arts Partners Board of Directors, 2012-2013
- North YMCA Advisory Board, 2017-2019
- Selected for inclusion in the Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers ® – Rising Stars Edition, in the area of Estate Planning & Probate, 2009-2012, 2015-2019
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Trusts and Estates, 2013, 2015-2020
- Former Co-author of the Business Organizations chapter of the Kansas Annual Survey of the Law published by the Kansas Bar Association, 2011-2015
- Author of Chapter in the Kansas Probate & Trust Administration After Death Handbook, Eighth Addition
- Presented at numerous Continuing Legal Education seminars put on by the Wichita Bar Association on the topics of estate planning and estate administration/probate
*CV, BV and AV are all registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.