Jackson C. Ely
Mr. Ely practices primarily in the areas of business law, civil litigation, oil and gas, and banking. Growing up, Jackson worked at his father’s small business and knows through experience the challenges and difficulties small and medium sized businesses face. Before attending law school, Jackson worked in the wine and restaurant industry, working his way up to fine dining and becoming a sommelier in 2018.
While attending the University Of Kansas School Of Law, Jackson clerked for The Honorable Sally D. Pokorny of the Douglas County District Court, and served as a research assistant for both Dean Stephen W. Mazza and Distinguished Professor John W. Head. Jackson previously worked at Morris Laing as a summer associate and joined the firm full-time after receiving his Juris Doctor degree from KU Law in 2021.
When he is not in the office, Jackson is either outdoors hiking or camping, cheering on his Dallas sports teams, or studying food and wine.
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., 2021
- Business and Commercial Law Certificate
- International Trade and Finance Certificate
- Tax Law Certificate
- Pro Bono Distinction
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Business Associations I, Public International Law
- University of Missouri – Columbia, B.A., History, 2014
- Kansas Bar, 2021
- United States District Court for the District of Kansas, 2021
- Kansas Bar Association
- Member, Young Lawyers Section
- Wichita Bar Association
- Member, Young Lawyers Association
- Co-Lead Coordinator, University of Kansas School of Law Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program, 2021
*CV, BV and AV are all registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.