Glenda L. Cafer
Ms. Cafer has a depth of knowledge that is second to none. Not only is she the only person to have served as both General Counsel and Director of Utilities at the Kansas Corporation Commission. She is also the only attorney in Kansas who actively practices in the areas of both Energy and Telecommunications Law.
Glenda represents rural electric cooperatives and some of the largest public utility companies in the state on matters before the KCC, in district court litigation, and on appeals before the Kansas appellate courts.
Glenda has been involved in energy legislation enacted over the past 30+ years and helped draft the 1996 Kansas Telecommunications Act and many of its amendments passed since that time.
In addition, Glenda represents clients on matters before other regulatory agencies and on property matters such as sales, leases, easements and condemnation. She works with entrepreneurs and small business owners in creating their companies and with their on-going business operations.
Glenda loves to travel and has biked through Germany, Austria, Belgium, and from Paris to London. She has even been on safari through Tanzania and travelled Cuba.
You will often find her cheering on the Washburn Ichabods or Kansas City Chiefs, or spending time with her family at her cabin on Lake Wabaunsee.
- Juris Doctor from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge – 1987
- B.A. in Business with an emphasis in Accounting from Washburn University in Topeka, Kansas in 1983
- Member/Former President of the Topeka Bar Association
- Member/Former President of the Topeka Lawyer’s Club
- Member/Former Chair of the Administrative Law Section of the Kansas Bar Association
- Member/Former President of the Women Attorney’s Association of Topeka
- Member/Former Chair of the Career Development Committee of the Kansas Women Attorney’s Association
- Member of the Federal Energy Bar Association
- Member of the Electric Cooperative Bar Association
- Admitted to practice law in the District Courts of Kansas, the Kansas Court of Appeals, the Supreme Court of Kansas, and the Federal District Court for the District of Kansas
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DISTINCTIONS
- Director/President-Elect of Washburn University Alumni Association and Foundation
- Former President of the Boys and Girls Club of Topeka
- Board Member of the Capper Foundation of Kansas
- YWCA Woman of Distinction
- Washburn University Lilla Day Monroe Alumnae Award
- Washburn University Family of the Year Award
- Board Member/Former President of the Ichabod Athletic Fund
- Past-President of the Washburn Women’s Alliance
- Former Adjunct Professor in the Washburn University Paralegal Program
- Member of the Washburn University NONOSO Honorary Organization
- Former Chair of the Kansas Crime Victims Compensation Board
- Former Chair of the Kansas State Board of Cosmetology
*CV, BV and AV are all registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.