Benjamin K. Carmichael
Mr. Carmichael practices in general civil litigation, employment litigation, and oil and gas litigation. He received his B.A. from Wichita State University in 2012 and his Juris Doctor degree from Washburn University School of Law in 2016, where he earned a certificate in Oil and Gas law and Natural Resources law. Ben has a wide range of experience handling complex legal issues ranging from representing plaintiffs in whistleblower retaliation lawsuits to defending consumer protection claims. Ben also brings a background in nuisance law and environmental litigation. Ben has represented landowners in property damage cases related to spray drifts, (un)controlled burns, and illegal dumping of chemicals.
Ben has successfully tried cases before juries in both federal and state court. He has also handled appeals at the state and federal level and argued before the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Born with a curious mind, there has never been a topic that bored Ben. He is an avid gardener and loves to spend time outside enjoying nature and fishing. Ben is intent on becoming a master gardener and putting this advanced knowledge to use in representing his clients. When Ben is not working in his yard he is relaxing with his girlfriend, Kimberly, and his two dogs, Nessa and Suki.
- Wichita State University, B.A., 2012
- Washburn University School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Kansas Bar, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, 2016
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas, 2016
- Comment Editor, Washburn Law Journal Law, 2015-2016
- Kansas Bar Association, 2016
- Wichita Bar Association, 2016
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association, 2016
- The Honorable Wesley E. Brown American Inn of Court, 2016
Publications / Presentations:
- Drinking a Milkshake from Someone Else’s Private Collection: How The Rule of Capture Remains in Play for Storage Gas, 54 Washburn L.J. 397 (2015).
*CV, BV and AV are all registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.