Benjamin K. Carmichael
Mr. Carmichael practices in general civil litigation, employment litigation, and oil and gas litigation. He received his B.A. from Wichita State University in 2012 and his Juris Doctor degree from Washburn University School of Law in 2016, where he earned a certificate in Oil and Gas law and Natural Resources law.
Ben has a passion for representing the disadvantaged and has a wide range of experience handling complex legal issues ranging from representing plaintiffs in whistleblower retaliation lawsuits to defending consumer protection claims. Ben also brings a background in nuisance law and environmental litigation. Ben has successfully tried cases before juries in both federal and state court. He has also handled appeals at the state and federal level and argued before the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Ben is an avid gardener and loves to spend time outside enjoying nature. Ben is devoted to helping his clients resolve matters in an efficient and timely manner.
- Wichita State University, B.A., 2012
- Washburn University School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Kansas Bar, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit, 2016
- U.S. District Court, District of Kansas, 2016
- Comment Editor, Washburn Law Journal Law, 2015-2016
- Kansas Bar Association, 2016
- Wichita Bar Association, 2016
- Kansas Trial Lawyers Association, 2016
- The Honorable Wesley E. Brown American Inn of Court, 2016
Publications / Presentations:
- Drinking a Milkshake from Someone Else’s Private Collection: How The Rule of Capture Remains in Play for Storage Gas, 54 Washburn L.J. 397 (2015).
*CV, BV and AV are all registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.