James D. Young
In addition to being Morris Laing’s Chief Operating Officer, Mr. Young practices in the areas of corporate law, commercial law, real estate, banking, labor and employment law, oil and gas and commercial litigation. His clients range from individuals to large corporations. James is experienced in a wide range of corporate law matters including corporate formation, mergers and acquisitions, taxation, and general real estate matters. He has represented clients before the courts of the state of Kansas, the U.S. District Court of Kansas, the U.S. Western District Court of Missouri, and the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Pomona College, BA, 1991
- University of Kansas Graduate School of Business, MBA, 1996
- University of Kansas School of Law, JD, 1996
- Kansas Bar, 1996
- Missouri Bar, 1997
- Member, Wichita Bar Association; Kansas Bar Association; Missouri Bar Association; American Bar Association
- Co-Author, Kansas Annual Survey of the Law: Business Organizations
- Co-Author, American Bar Association The Year in Review: Oil and Natural Gas Upstream
- Member and Past President, Board of Directors of nonprofit Medical Services Bureau
- Member and President, Board of Directors of Episcopal Social Services
*CV, BV and AV are all registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.