Sabrina K. Standifer
Ms. Standifer’s transactional practice encompasses the areas of real estate, business, finance and employment law.
Sabrina has extensive experience in commercial real estate sales, leasing and development. She also assists business owners in buying and selling existing businesses, forming new companies, day-to-day operational issues and in employment matters such as employment agreements, employee handbooks and employment disputes. She has represented lenders and borrowers in drafting and negotiating loan documents and has served as local counsel in multi-state financing transactions.
Prior to law school, Sabrina served two terms as a State Representative in the Kansas House of Representatives (1993-97). She also served as Chairwoman of the Kansas Governmental Ethics Commission, appointed by the Governor, from 2006-2012.
Sabrina is a car fanatic. Unbeknownst to her parents, she started drag racing at 16. Her record (to date!) is 7.97 seconds at 175 mph in the quarter mile. Sabrina and her husband, Duane Hawkes, also enjoy traveling. Their ideal destination is an island where they can snorkel and experience the local culture.
- Wichita State University, B.B.A., magna cum laude, 1984
- Washburn University School of Law, magna cum laude, 1999
- Member, Kansas Bar Association, Wichita Bar Association, Kansas Women Attorneys Association, Wichita Women Attorneys Association (Past President)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Co-author Real Property Law Chapter Kansas Bar Association’s Annual Survey 2006-2010, 2013-Present
- Co-author Mortgages and Conventional Real Estate Lending Chapter Kansas Bar Association’s Kansas Real Estate Practice and Procedure
- Past Chairwoman Wichita Bar Association Real Estate Committee
- Lecturer on programs involving real estate issues for Wichita Bar Association
- Past Chair Washburn Law School Alumni Association Board of Governors, Board member since 2004
- Editor-in-Chief for the Washburn Law Journal
- Selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America® publication in the practice area of Real Estate
- Ranked by Chambers USA® in Real Estate
- Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory BV®* Rating
- Selected for inclusion in Kansas and Missouri Super Lawyers® publication, 2008-2009
*CV, BV and AV are all registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.