Karl R. Swartz
Mr. Swartz practices in the areas of oil and gas law, banking and commercial law, and general business law. His experience in the oil and gas field includes contract negotiation and drafting, title examination, and representation of buyers and sellers of oil and gas interests.
In addition to advising bank officers on a variety of day-to-day matters, Karl represents financial institutions in loan transactions, foreclosures, workouts, and bankruptcy matters. He also represents a broad range of business clients in real estate transactions and other business transactions.
Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory has rated Karl at the highest AV®* rating for lawyers.
- Wichita State University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1980
- University of Kansas, J.D., Order of the Coif, 1985
- Kansas Bar, 1985
- Member, Kansas Bar Association
- Member, Kansas Bar Association Oil and Gas Section, Kansas Bar Association Professional Ethics Grievance Committee
- Co-author, overview of Kansas homestead law published in the Journal of the Kansas Bar Association
- Managing Director Morris Laing Evans Brock & Kennedy, Chtd., 1997-2010
- Executive Committee Member of Morris Laing Evans Brock & Kennedy, Chtd., 1997-present
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV®* Rating