Danielle J. Carter
Ms. Carter’s focus is always keeping a business sense approach in mind when determining how to best resolve a case for her client, and she works closely with her clients to that end.
Danielle has extensive compliance experience and is able to utilize this knowledge to assist clients in formulating business processes and vendor/counsel management guidelines that will minimize reputational risk. Her professional background in the mortgage industry makes her well versed in loan origination and the underwriting process.
Danielle also has a strong litigation background managing cases involving toxic torts, title issues, real estate disputes, building code matters, and default servicing litigation in multiple jurisdictions.
Most recently, Danielle received a Certificate in Mediation at Northwestern University and has expanded her practice to include offering mediation services.
When Danielle is not providing passionate, professional, and reliable representation and advice to Morris Laing’s clients, she enjoys rollerblading, bike riding, and spending time with her family and two dogs.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Oakland University, B.A., cum laude, 1999
- Illinois Bar, 2005
- Michigan Bar, 2006
- United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- Mediation Skills Training Program Certificate from Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Moderator ICLE’s 2011-2012 HOMEWARD BOUND SERIES, “Strategies and Pitfalls Associated with Loan Workouts, Purchase of
- Distressed Assets, and Foreclosures, November 3, 2011
- Committee Member, Michigan State Bar Domestic Violence Committee, 2011-2015